1.22.2009

we are having a baby!

so here's how we found out. i was 3 days late, but i was scared to test! every month i had convinced myself that maybe *this* was my lucky month, and had always been dissapointed. it sounds silly, but i could never wait to see if i was going to be late or not, i would always test the day before. well, in december, i just had this feeling, i just sorta knew that i was pregnant. no sickness, just a feeling. so that friday night we were about to eat dinner and i just decided to go test then. even though you are supposed to do it in the morning (less chance of any hormones getting dilluded from whatever you have been drinking) i decided to risk it. i had a digital test that came in my box of ovulation predictors. and after a minute or so of blinking, this is what i saw:whoop! so excited! so i went running out to the living room and told brandt to wait a second, i had a present for him. he was already sorta irritated b/c he was waiting on me to eat, and the food was getting cold, and now i had a present that couldn't wait!

so i came in and handed him this!
he opened the bag and pulled it out and just sorta looked at it all confused. he was like, what does this mean? so then i showed him the test and yay! we got all excited. he kept asking if i was sure. so i suggested that we run to the store and grab another test just to confirm. but of course, after we ate. well, he ate. i wasn't hungry at that point.

so after a trip to walmart to get another test, we had another confirmation! no waiting 3 minutes for the line to show up, it was there immediatly, both before and darker than the control line. nice.

so here's me with my pee sticks:

and here is us:

and here's a "before" belly pic
(note: i do not posses abs of steel)

the next night i spilled the beans and told jen and kyle w/o him (oops!)
so two nights later we went out to dinner so that we could celebrate.

the first baby gift, from aunt jen!
the waitress overheard us, so when we ordered desserts, she made them special for us:


so thats my story!
and yes, i promise to be better at updating this thing. i only started it to share this type of news, we just had to wait till we had news to share!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Again I am so very excited for you two. I can't wait!!! I ran into your mom at Peso's and asked how you were, of course I already knew but I wanted to be on the safe side but it didnt take long for her to let me know!! hee-hee