2.10.2009

spreading the news

every year on Christmas eve, my in-laws have a small party/get-together, and my family comes too. so we figured that that would be the best/easiest/fairest way to tell everyone, get it done all at once! we knew we wanted to do it at Christmas, so this was perfect!

we waited till everyone was there and said that we wanted a group picture, b/c we don't have any other than weddings. so we got everyone all together and brandt set the timer. when it was counting down he said "everyone say 'jamie's pregnant!'"

so the plan was to have a photo with everyone's expressions

we got this:

in case you can't identify everyone, you have the moms and one grandmother (some of the main people we wanted reactions from!) are all hiding. and you can tell that our siblings all were in on it, although i'm not sure why jen is staring at kyle...

so after the picture, we just turned around and were waiting to be showered with hugs, tears, etc. any reaction really. and we got nothing. finally someone asked, are you serious?!

theyhad thought that brandt was joking, but then we got all our hugs and congrats, it was fun. although everyone was in shock for the rest of the night still!

*********************************

and then for my grandparents:

i made them this, and framed it and mailed it off to michigan!
(of course i forgot to take a pic)

we figured sine the other grandparents (great gparents?!) we finding out for Christmas, so should they! so i wrapped it up in Christmas paper and sent it overnight, just to be sure that it got there in time. so the plan was to have them open it Christmas afternoon when all my aunts/uncles/cousins were there. i was even going to ask someone to get a picture of them opening it.

but once she saw how much i had spent to overnight the package, she didn't even notice the wrapping paper, and opened it right away! now this is 2 days before my parents were going to find out, so i was sooooooo scared that my mom would find out! my aunt called all sorts of excited, but i couldn't get ahold of my grandparents to say "DONT TELL YET!!"

and of course, my mom called that afternoon. but fortunately our news stayed a secret. my aunt had pointed out that since it was wrapped in Christmas paper, it was probably supposed to be opened on Christmas.

so that was my stressful afternoon! every time i tried called my gparents or my aunt i had to go outside, since i work with my in-laws, and they didn't know yet. it was all pretty funny though.

and now everybody knows :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, first off - I kept trying to push Kyle away so momma's expression would be caught on camera but he kept coming back to me everytime I pushed him! grr.. Second - I was looking at Kyle because I was asking him if the camera had taken the picture yet. Obviously not.. ha!

Crystal said...

that was a cute idea!