5.01.2009

24 weeks!

yay we made it to 24 weeks!
that means today is "viability day", although i think that is just something that people on my message board mark down as a milestone.

basically, if it is before 24 weeks and i were to go into labor or anything should happen, no effort is made to save the baby. after 24 weeks is when doctors will do everything within their means. (i'm not sure if this is based on insurance or medical stats or what.) but even if she were born today, that doesn't mean a 100% chance of survival. this baby still needs more time to cook!

so you stay put, sweet baby, and continue with your cute little kicks and we'll see you, hopefully, in a few more months!


How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: not sure, dr appt is tues
Maternity clothes? permanently!
Stretch marks? not yet but my stomach is getting bigger faster now
Sleep: i hate sleeping on my side :( but no more back or stomach
Best moment this week: ordering the crib
Movement: really consistently now
Food cravings: i guess i'm wierd, no
Gender: this week its girl
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? innie but i can see the bottom! :(
What I miss: not coughing!
What I am looking forward to: maternity leave
Weekly Wisdom: coughing in public makes people think i have the swine flu
Milestones: 24 weeks, viability day!

2 comments:

Mama E said...

yay viability day! haha

My tummy is growing fast now too... It's all achy and I keep getting that dang ligament pain! Now when I lay on my back, I have this mound of a midsection...no more ribs for me! haha

And I miss sleeping on my back too. I figured it was time to really try to cut it out when I woke up with tingly and numb fingers and toes one morning. lol

jamie said...

oh good, its not just me. my hands go numb! its the weirdest thing!