7.02.2009

32w 4d ultrasound

on tuesday i had another ultrasound! not my last though, i should be getting one more around 36 weeks. its not as exciting anymore, its harder to see things since the baby is getting so big!

profile view


waving hi!


the face!


the u/s tech said that our baby has chubby cheeks! you can kind of tell in that last pic. also, baby has a full head of hair. (i couldn't tell what she was pointing at, but i guess she knows her stuff) not that we didn't see that coming, just look at both me and brandt lol!

the head is measuring 6 days ahead, as has been pretty much the whole time. but the belly! that's measuring 3 WEEKS ahead! the tech was like, "this kid hasn't missed a meal!" wow... so we will be having a chubby baby! but chubby babies are cuter than skinny ones, right? they are estimating the baby to be 5 lbs already! brandt had a ton of questions... esp about the baby potentially coming early. they said they prob wouldn't change my due date, but if the baby stays on the same track, i will probably be induced early. so much for making it 40 weeks!

(my in-laws, who, of course, all moonlight as doctors, don't think i'll make it to the end of july! and my sister, Dr Barron OB is worried it will just be 2 weeks or so till the baby is here!
i'm just picking on them though, i love them!)

when i went in tues for my regular appt, the measured my belly with a tape measure, and i am measuring 35 weeks. 4 weeks ago, they were concerned that i had alot of amniotic fluid, but my levels are normal now. so they are concerned that i may have gestational diabetes, which causes the baby to grow quickly.

now, i already took a test for that, and i passed. the results were "questionable," whatever that means, but they weren't worried. but now, since the baby is so big, they wanted me to take the 3 hr test.

so yesterday, i missed yet more time at work, and got to go sit at the dr's office for 3 hrs and get my blood drawn 4 times! (one before i drank the glucose drink, and then once every hour of the test.) thankfully, there was an internet signal, and i had brought my laptop, so i played online for the 3 hrs.

the worst part though was that you have to fast. sometimes, i skip breakfast, so waiting till noon to eat wasn't a big deal. the no water part was the difficult part. but its sort of a mental thing, i *can't* have anything to eat or drink, so of course, i was starving and dying of thirst!

they reassured me that if the results come back the same way they did 6 weeks ago, that everything will be fine, and no gestational diabetes. if i do fail the test, i will have to change up my diet some... less sugar. so no white bread and sadly *sniff* no dr peppers! brandt's been very supportive though, and keeps reminding me that, worst case, it will be for just under 7 weeks that i will have to change up my diet.

i feel like i've spent more time at the doctor's this week than at work... with 2 appts and the diabetes test! but now everyone is up to date :)

2 comments:

Mama E said...

oh fellow preggo friend, i feel ya. My belly seems FULL of baby. Everyone is now telling me he's "dropped." Let's just say I feel like I need to run to the bathroom all the time!

Here's to hoping our babies stay in as long as they need to continue baking!

jamie said...

you've dropped already! wow! clint may be here before our baby!