7.28.2009

update!

If you got my email, then this is pretty much the same thing, lol!
warning: I say things like dilated and cervix in this post. uncomfortable? then stop reading :)

I had a doctors appt this morning, this was to find out WHEN we were having a baby! Well, we left feeling just as confused as before we got there... still no real idea on when the baby will be here. She feels that the baby will be here soon on its own, in fact, she went over the reasons to head to the hospital and what to watch out for before we left today. And then she said "see ya next Tuesday, if not before!" as we were leaving.

Not that I feel that we will be having this baby this weekend or anything, but I guess it could happen! I am 36 weeks now, and today we found out that I am 1cm dilated and 80% effaced. And, when she was checking all that, she said "wow, the baby's head is right there, its really low!" So I guess the baby has dropped, I wasn't sure...

I'm not naive enough to think that now that I'm dilated, that it could be tonight or something. I've heard enough stories of people being dilated for weeks with no progress. But *fingers crossed* I hope I make progress!

While she was checking all that stuff, she said that she was also stripping my membranes. I've heard of this before, but never really knew what it meant. From what I understand, its sort of a way to bring on labor, although it doesn't in all people. Technically, its separating the amniotic sac from the cervix, which can trigger some hormones to start producing and lead to labor. It didn't hurt but it does cause cramps. Which are oh-so-fun. She told us to pay attention to them though, and make sure they don't turn into contractions. Never having had a real contraction, I'm not sure what to look for, but people keep telling me "oh, you'll know!"

So thats all I know for now! Can't wait to meet our baby!

PS: I just found out through spell check that I've been spelling "dilated" wrong. I've been saying, and spelling it "diAlated"
oops!

2 comments:

Emily Powell said...

My mom had lunch with your mom today and called and told me all of this...ha ha moms / grandmas are funny!

I'm so excited for you! My vote is BOY! (When I'm preggers I don't want to know the sex either!)

Emily Powell said...

chalk board paint in different colors??? I had no idea!