8.04.2009

my last dr's appt!!

This morning was my last appointment! yay!

I got there, and they take my blood pressure right away. The nurse told me that it was high, which is really odd for me, its normally on the low side of normal. But no worries, they would double check it at the end of my appt. I was standing when they took it, so I thought maybe that had something to do with it?

Then the doctor comes in, and she mentioned it being high, and said she wants to use it as an excuse to move the induction date up.

*side note*
My doctor in convinced that we are having a big baby, and she wants me to be able to deliver it normally, but she think I will end up needing a c-section. Either way, she will let me try and labor first. So the longer we wait, the bigger the baby gets, the higher my chances of a c-section are. But inductions seem to be frowned upon, at least when they are just a convenience, not for a medical reason (baby is in trouble, mom is in trouble, etc) so she couldn't schedule one for more than a week before my due date.

So the rest of the appt goes well, things are pretty much the same as last week (dilation, effacement, etc) but a little "roomier" she said. So then we take the bp again, and its lower, but she wants to send me to the hospital to have it monitored.

I have never been in a hospital before :( I mean, I've visited people, but I've never been admitted or sat on a bed, etc. So I have a mini freak out session on the way to the car, but was over it by the time I got in. The doctor didn't think I would have to stay, just be there till my bp went down.

So off to the hospital we go (thank goodness Brandt has these new days off!) and I am put in a room (not a labor & delivery room) and they put the monitors on my belly to keep track of the baby's heart beat and mine, as well as the bp cuff, that goes off every 10 minutes.

After a little over 2 hours of this (man that bed was uncomfortable! and I now know to bring my own comfy pillow!) the nurse brought in my discharge papers and told us we could go! Labs all came back normal, and my bp was normal the entire time. It all just seemed so odd, but whatever. Doctor knows best, right?

Sooooo I have an induction scheduled for next Wed (Aug 12th) if nothing happens sooner. And now I know a little more of what to expect. And my dr is on call this weekend, so thats comforting, if the baby decides to come a little early!

And that's all I got!
Erin - bring your own pillow!!!

1 comment:

Mama E said...

hahahaha I will! I've been worried about ya all night! Glad to hear it was nothing and am so excited that one week from today Baby Owens will BE HERE! Whoop!