4.17.2009

22 weeks!

wow, sometime this week i got a bump!
i think i have officially crossed over into the "yup, she's pregnant" phase.


i have to mention the jeans. i have been mainly in maternity jeans, but i still have 3 prs that fit. after wearing the (comfy) maternity jeans all week, they were dirty, so i was like, whatever, i'll just wear these. well, they may be fine for standing up, but once i've been sitting for any significant amount of time, ohmygees just kill me now! talk about uncomfortable! so once i get home, the remaining 3 prs of b4b jeans (before baby) will be going in a box, along with all the other clothes that i have tossed in there that are no longer appropriate/fitting since being pregnant.

ahh the b4b box... i decided to start it the other night when brandt was working overtime. i was tired of going through my closet every morning sorting through the clothes that i can't wear anymore. so i got the brilliant idea of trying them all on and seeing what still worked. (this was mainly tops, all i really have for bottoms are jeans) so after 30 minutes i was crying and upset b/c i have this belly and nothing fits and i'm fat and alone and sad and oh, did i mention hormonal?

*note: i know i'm not fat. i'm pregnant. and have only gained 8 lbs. i am doing great. theres just something pitiful about trying on too tight shirts in front of a full length mirror that just pushed me over the edge briefly.

so i pull my phone out of my pocket to call hub and have him tell me that he loves me and i'm indeed, not fat. of course, it slips out of my hand and hits the tile floor and the screen shatters.

so now i'm:
1) hormonaly crying like a baby
2) pretty peeved that i broke my phone. which won't turn on

thankfully i have a backup phone, and i got it activated. after i calmed down, of course. so all is well.

and brandt still loves me, and we both laughed at my meltdown.
but, i now have an easier time of getting dressed in the morning!
(and, my wardrobe, or lack thereof, looks pathetic. so i doubt brandt would mind if i picked up a few things...)

so have a laugh at my expense. i still am :)

now onto our regularly scheduled programming:

How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 8lb gain
Maternity clothes? more often than not. see above
Stretch marks? nope. (thankyouGod)
Sleep: not enough! my cough hasn't helped
Best moment this week: brandt has felt the baby!
Movement: definatly! pretty often too
Food cravings: i would love a DQ dipped cone!
Gender: i'll go with boy this time
Labor Signs: please, keep labor far away
Belly Button in or out? innie, but not as deep anymore :(
What I miss: sleeping on my back! and my stomach.
What I am looking forward to: the summer!
Weekly Wisdom: just b/c something fits standing up, doesn't mean it will once you sit down
Milestones:def brandt feeling the baby kick!-

2 comments:

Cory, Crystal & Chloie said...

Jamie you should try Ross for Maternity clothes. I bought alot there for cheap prices. I did buy some things from Motherhood when they were on sale but mostly Ross.

Oh i feel your pain about hormones and emotions! I wish i could say it gets better.

You look great! Keep the updates coming!

Mama E said...

My official guess is a boy!