4.07.2009

update

so now we are in our 21st week (20w, 4d)
and this week baby is about as long as: a banana!

i had a dr's appt this morning, and she said that the last ultrasound looked great, and all the bloodwork i had done a few weeks ago (quad screen) came back all negative/normal. so yay!

she also suggested trying pepsid ac for my cough, b/c it could be caused by acid reflux? sounds odd to me, since i haven't had any problems that i've noticed, but its been over 5 weeks, i'll try anything!


last night was the season opener for the astros!
i was going to wear something flowy (the word i used to use was frumpy, but now that that's what i am limited to, i say flowy) but after shopping with jen this weekend, she has been encouraging me to wear more fitted stuff. i will, once i have past that "is she or isn't she" stage... well, brandt thought it looked good too, so i wore my usual astros shirt, belly and all.
(i will take this moment to (brag) mention that i designed this shirt! when i worked at red oak, i had them print it for me!)

at home, i felt cute. but once we hit the parking lot i start bugging brandt, asking if i really looked pregnant or just a bit chubby. i realize at this point it was too late to change clothes, but still. he kept assuring me that i indeed did look pregnant. (i blame the hormones)

here's us:

rally cap. we thought maybe we had a chance there in the 9th. notsomuch

and i asked his buddy greg to get a pic of us with the field in the background. i meant a vertical one, so you could see my belly fat, i mean, bump. of course, guys don't get that sort of thing. so its just another picture, pretty much like the one above.
without the field behind us.
*sigh*
guys...

this is why jennifer is awesome.
she would have understood without me having to ask.

so here's a pic of me back at home:
(sorry it's not centered, i had the camera sitting on the counter with the self timer on. the centered one wasn't focused. so deal with it)

3 comments:

Rebekah Elliott said...

Loved the post! :) And you do look preggo, not chubby! Stop worrying! You are beautiful and glowing!! (And no, I'm NOT just saying that!)

Mama E said...

okay seriously, I still feel like I just look fat. When does this change!?!?!

P.S. Don't buy too many "Real-waisted" maternity pants...mine just became uncomfortable!

The Houstons said...

Dont feel weird I was the same way...super paranoid about being that "chubby" lady not that cute newly preggers lady..LOL..not the hormones..I feel ya...er did:) ...yer day of full preggo belly will come..I promise..then you will want a flat belly...so just enjoy it all while you can! :)