4.29.2009

bottomless stomach

about once a week i have a bottomless stomach sort of day. it happens to be today this time! the rest of the week i eat 3 meals and maybe a snack. on bottomless stomach days i would say i more graze all day long :) thats between meals, of course.

my cough is for the most part gone! my ob recommended pepsid ac. i thought she was crazy. what does acid reflux have to do with coughing?! alot, apparently. i even had a friend email me and tell me that pepsid is what she took during her pregnancy. so once i started taking it correctly (umm, i should have read the box. taking it twice a day, morning and evening, does nothing. apparently you should take it 15-60 minutes before eating) i started to notice a difference within days! my regular dr explained it to me, claiming that since my stomach and guts are all squished, that the stomach acid can come back up without me noticing. so thank you doctors, and thank you becky!

(also, if i forget to take it and the coughs sneak back up, i have figured out that taking it late does do some help too!)

oh, and i was injured! i mentioned before (i think) that i kept pulling muscles in my back while in the midst of my evil coughing fits. well, last wednesday here at work, i sort of did this semi-cough-throat-clearing noise and *pop* there it goes again. ughhhhh. so it was a little sore but nothing that a little tylenol couldn't help.
well at some point in the middle of that night, more specifically around 5am, i guess i rolled over or turned or did a backflip in my sleep and did something way worse to my back that i had earlier. i woke up with my whole back spasming and tensing up. and in pain. alot of pain. and i couldn't take a deep breath. i was more freaked out by not being able to breath than the pain, and after a few minutes was in tears b/c i couldn't figure out what to do. fortunately, brandt was off that night and home, although he was staying up all night. he actually heard me in the middle of my hyperventilating panic attack (ok, i may be exaggerating) and came in to see what was wrong. not that i could talk. and then there were beagles who had jumped up on the bed to comfort me. licking beagles. well, after he calmed me down and convinced me that i could in fact, breath, things got better.
i stayed home from work that day since sitting caused me pain. i spent the whole day laying on the couch, trying to find an ok position. my ob prescribed me some muscle relaxers, so i did do alot of sleeping. so i had a very unproductive 4 day weekend last week! it wasn't till yesterday that i started feeling normal again. thank goodness.

oh, and dr says i can't lift over 10 lbs for the rest of the pregnancy.
ten.pounds.
thats not much!
ughhhh

so, the baby! this week it's a girl! yay! don't get too excited though, b/c next week she will be a he! that's our solution, for now. better than constantly referring to the baby as "it." so we just alternate he/him and she/her weekly. it works. and hopefully the kid won't have any sort of issues...

i have been feeling the baby move since about week 17 or so, but i wasn't ever convinced that it was for sure the baby. (i'd rather be happily surprised than disappointed.) i made a comment on my 20 week post that i can't wait for brandt to be able to feel a kick! well, that came true the next day!!! i was laying down and he put his hand on my stomach and we waited a few minutes. i felt something, but, still not convinced that it was the baby, just waited, breath held, to see if anything was strong enough to be felt from "the outside." well, one was, i had been watching b's face, and whoa did his expression change!!! so i knew that i wasn't crazy, this was the baby, and he could feel it too!!! yay! i think i was more excited than him, but thats ok. now i am feeling "her" alot more consistently. it's pretty cool. and there's a list of people waiting for their turn to feel, but baby isn't cooperating. plus jen, i tend to see you mostly while we are shopping, and i think people would give us weird looks...

i swear i had more to talk about...

but since i am drawing a blank, i will end this blog post for now. and prob go browse through the kitchen here one last time before i head home...

2 comments:

Mama E said...

Feel ya on this one, pregnant friend. Refer to my "Empty Stomach Syndrome" post! haha

Karma said...

OMG Jamie! I just read your post... How scary! So glad Brandt was home when you had your freak attack! Hope nothing like that happens again!

Oh! And I passed along the fetus = fruit thing you mentioned to a few of my pregnant friends - they LOVED it! Thanks to you I'm hip in the preggo world - ha!:)