12.07.2009

4 months old!



yesterday my little man turned 4 months old!

in the past month he has found his hands, decided that his hands are the tastiest thing ever (not that he has alot to compare them too, so I'm hoping this shoving-of-the-hands-into-the-mouth phase will end before kindergarten), sits well in his high chair and his bumbo, found his feet, rolled over, and played in the snow! No wonder he sleeps alot! Speaking of sleeping, for close to two months now, he's been sleeping through the night. And I mean sleeping. Like 10-12 hrs a night, no waking up. Some nights he will wake up 3 hrs after he last ate and sort of stir, but thats about it. Yesterday he was getting me worried, b/c he slept over 13 hrs (it had been 14 hrs since he last ate)... I was getting ready to wake him up when he started to wake up on his own.

Stats from the dr:
weight- 14lbs 15oz (just under the 50th percentile)
head- 16 5/8 in (also just under the 50th)
length/height- 24 1/2 in (just under the 25th)

I <3 my shorty
(ha, both of them!)

she recommended starting on rice cereal between 5 and 6 months, so he's sticking with the milk only for now, not that he's complaining.

She also told me that Texas Women's Hospital has a program where they accept donated breast milk and pasteurize it and use it for the preemies. This has me really excited, knowing that my excessive pumping will do even more good than just for my little man. At last count we had over 400 oz in the freezer, we are literally running out of room for our food :(

Ok, time to get back to decorating the tree... turns out that even if it looks good with the lights on, once I turned them off, I found out that I clumped the ornaments in small groups all over the tree. Hmm. So here's a tip if you haven't decorated your tree yet, don't do it with the Christmas lights on!

2 comments:

Emily Powell said...

ah! he's so cute! (I'm sure you will NEVER get sick of hearing that!)

Mama E said...

Clint is sleeping through the night too! Our boys are growing up! That's awesome you're making so much milk. My SIL had to buy an extra freezer for all of hers!