12.22.2009

Christmas survey

also stolen from the lovely Emily

once again, if you are reading this, you are tagged! Do it! NOW!

What is your religion? Christian. As far as denomination, that's up in the air. Raised Catholic, sort of unofficially switched to Baptist while we were dating, but we are really interested in Methodist. I could care less what I am labeled, that means nothing to me, I just want to find a good church family and a preacher that speaks to me. You know what I mean :) B's schedule makes it hard to try out churches, but we are working on it.

How do you celebrate Christmas? Christmas Eve get together/white elephant/food/games at B's parents, but my whole family comes too. Then gifts with his fam after everyone leaves. Christmas morning with the 3 of us, lunch at one set of B's grandparents with his whole fam, then dinner at my parents. Thank goodness his whole fam live on the same street, less than 5 miles from my parents!

Favorite Christmas hymn? We 3 Kings, O Holy Night

Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells

Absolute favorite thing about Christmas? family, giving, relaxing wiht everyone, happiness, joy of the time of year. and lights!

Did you get your Christmas shopping done early this year? I had my gifts wrapped before our tree was up.

Favorite Christmas food? cookies. Hazel's chocolate pie. Jennifer's "MyPotatas!".
(honestly, they are too sour cream-y, I just added that to make you feel special)

Did you do anything charitable for Christmas? just some donations, which I am scrimping on this year since I'm not working. I would love to start up a new tradition so that Garrett can see and eventually participate.

What does your Christmas tree topper look like? its a star, gold with white lights

Eggnog or hot chocolate? I strongly dislike eggs. And milk. hot chocolate all the way!

How were your Santa gifts left when you were a kid? we each had our own santa paper, a few of the gifts (maybe all of them?) had tags so we knew who's paper was who's. Santa was a messy writer, sort of like when my mom writes with her left hand...

Which kind of lights do you prefer for Christmas? colored C9's or white on the house. our yard is all in colored this year, it rained too much to get on the roof. Our tree has both white and colored lights. I prefered white until we got the colored on there, now I gotta say I like the mix. We are slowing buying LED's so we can eventually use those.

Mistletoe? I used to buy it every year, but I didn't this year.

To give or to receive? I love shopping for other people! Ok, I'll be honest. I just love shopping period.

Do you like candy canes? I do. But I'll just buy a few of the tiny ones b/c we never eat them, just use them in hot chocolate.

1 comment:

Emily Powell said...

YAY! You did both of my quizes! I thought they were fun!